Why You Need a Vitality Boost!
By Beth Aust, RN
Your adrenal glands, which are small organs above your kidneys, are absolutely vital to your well-being. They respond to stress by releasing hormones like cortisol and play a significantly important role in producing the hormones that we need, particularly during times of stress. When under stress, our brains send a signal to the adrenal glands which react instantly by releasing these stress hormones. Among other things, they slow down our digestion, increase our awareness, and divert blood flow to important areas like our brain and muscles. Your body's immune system responds by slowing down when you’re under stress. The adrenals regulate your blood pressure and your heart functioning. It is theorized that if you have long-term stress (like the death of a family member or a serious illness), your adrenal glands can't continuously produce the extra cortisol you need to feel good, so adrenal fatigue sets in.
Vitality Boost is a nutrient infusion offered at IM of CNY that you can receive in less than 2 hours, and is filled with numerous B vitamins, magnesium, zinc, calcium, selenium, taurine, and trace minerals to give your adrenals the support they need.
Ingredients at a Glance:
· Magnesium Sulfate/Chloride: Magnesium helps the body keep a regular heartbeat, ensures proper muscle and nerve function, and ensures the body can produce enough energy.
· Calcium Gluconate: Calcium gluconate is added to treat or prevent low calcium levels. In addition to strong bones, calcium is important for muscles to work properly, nervous system communication, blood clotting, and normal heartbeat control.
· Zinc Sulfate/Chloride: Zinc, along with selenium, work to ensure proper thyroid function, providing energy, and maintaining cell strength. Zinc also strengthens the immune system and helps with wound healing. It helps with the senses of taste and smell, and can help provide proper sleep.
· MTE-5(Multi Trace Elements): A multiple mineral solution that provides Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, and Selenium. Minerals are essential for many body systems
· Taurine: Taurine is an amino acid that is found largely in the brain, eyes (retina), heart, and blood cells (called platelets). It helps regulate the level of water and mineral salts in the blood, energize your muscles (including the heart), and increase cell volume. Additionally, muscle strength and endurance are increased. Taurine helps with heart function by working to lower cholesterol and blood pressure. It can also calm the part of the nervous system that responds to stress.
· B-complex: a combination of B vitamins used to treat or prevent vitamin deficiency due to poor diet, certain illnesses, alcoholism, or during pregnancy. B Vitamins are important building blocks of the body and body systems. B-complex includes: thiamine, riboflavin, niacin/niacinamide, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and pantothenic acid
· Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B-12): Methylcobalamin, vitamin B-12, works with the other B vitamins to help proper nerve function and communication, along with proper red blood cell production.
· Pyridoxine (Vitamin B-6): Pyridoxine, vitamin B-6, is needed by your body to get the energy from the foods you eat, produce red blood cells, and for proper nerve function. It is used to treat and prevent vitamin B-6 deficiency that could occur from certain medications, medical conditions, or diet.
If you are fatigued, under chronic stress and lack energy-now is the time for a boost! Current patients can contact our nursing staff to preorder your infusion, as this is not an in-stock item. Not yet a patient? Call the office at 315-741-5774 to schedule your infusion consultation with Dr. Puc to discuss infusions like Vitality Boost.