Meditation Space Essentials
By Beth Aust, RN, Holistic Health Coach
Quiet your mind and invite peaceful feelings to each day with meditation. Creating a calming space for moments of reflection can significantly enhance your experience. Whether you have a room, nook, or quiet corner, here are a few essentials to incorporate into your meditation space.
1. Having a diffuser nearby is a great way to create a serene environment. Did you know smell is the only sense connected to the limbic lobe, the emotional control center of the brain? By simply inhaling aromas, you can positively affect your emotions and mood. Try diffusing oils that will invite grounding feelings like Valor, Palo Santo, Highest Potential, and Sacred Sandalwood. You can also put a drop in the palms of your hands, cup your hands around your nose, and breathe in deeply.
2. Oils can also be used topically during your meditation practice. Apply oils to wrists, neck, or temples before you start relaxing. We love Frankincense, Sacred Mountain, and Grounding to name a few!
3. Bring tranquility to your space with an element of nature. Plants not only add life and color, certain plants have even been found to clean the air!
4. There’s nothing like a warm cup of tea to soothe your soul. Young Living’s Steeped Vitality Teas are the perfect companions for your quiet time. Each comforting flavor contains carefully crafted ingredients and rich aromas. Choose from Orange Rosehip Black Tea, Vanilla Lemongrass Green Tea, or Spiced Turmeric Herbal Tea.
5. Sound is a powerful tool that can set the mood as you relax. The rich, deep tones of Tibetan singing bowls are loved by many meditation gurus. Don’t have one? No need to worry! Look for a meditation playlist on your favorite music app.
6. Another popular element that can add a sense of touch are crystals. People often feel rooted to the earth when they hold them or have them nearby. Having Mala Beads or another object in hand can serve a similar purpose by bringing focus.
What do you use to enhance your mediation space?