IM of CNY
Essential Oil Spotlight: Peppermint
Updated: Nov 28, 2022
Peppermint essential oil is one of the most useful oils to have in your medicine cabinet for day-to-day needs. Whether you are experiencing headaches from the pollen or crazy weather fronts moving through, or need something all-natural to help an upset stomach, peppermint essential oil is my go-to. I have a travel bottle, and one readily available at home! Please use caution when applying as this is a “hot oil” and I recommend applying it with your non-dominant hand.
Peppermint essential oil contains menthol for an invigorating aroma and a cooling sensation that soothes fatigued muscles. When taken internally, it promotes healthy bowel function, supports gastrointestinal system comfort, and adds a fresh, minty flavor to foods.*
ABOUT YL Peppermint
Peppermint is a natural cross between water mint and spearmint. Originally native to Europe, peppermint is now grown mostly in the United States. Peppermint essential oil has an invigorating aroma that can be diffused to create an environment conducive to work or study or applied topically to cool muscles following activity. Peppermint Vitality™ essential oil has a minty, refreshing flavor and supports healthy digestive function and gastrointestinal comfort when taken internally.* Peppermint and Peppermint Vitality are the same essential oil.
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 4 drops of your favorite carrier oil. Test on a small area of skin on the underside of your arm and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 10 minutes 3 times daily.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
· Cools fatigued muscles after physical activity
· Has an invigorating aroma that is conducive to work or study
· Creates a refreshing breathing experience when inhaled or diffused
· May support healthy bowel function when taken internally*
· May support gastrointestinal system discomfort and help maintain efficiency of the digestive tract when taken internally*
· Diffuse Peppermint while working or during homework time to create a focused environment.
· Sprinkle a few drops in your shower for an awakening shower steam in the morning.
· Apply it to your neck and shoulders or to tired muscles following physical activity for a cooling sensation.
· Add Peppermint Vitality to a vegetarian gel capsule and take daily to support healthy digestive function.*
· Add a drop of Peppermint Vitality to your water for a refreshing start to your morning.*
General Essential Oil CAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Heidi Baldwin carries many essential oils at the office, including peppermint, and she can always order them for you. She can even help you set up your own account with Young Living so you can get wholesale pricing every day! You only have to order once per year to keep your wholesale account active.